List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 25 2000 4:44pm
Subject:Wrong status information.
View as plain text
Hi!
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Zaitsev <pz@stripped> writes:

Peter> Here is the status information of my mysql server. The strange thing with
Peter> it - it reports number of keyblocks used=0 there key buffer set to 160M.

<cut>

Peter> | Key_blocks_used          | 0         |
Peter> | Key_read_requests        | 317242810 |
Peter> | Key_reads                | 1122433   |
Peter> | Key_write_requests       | 41158542  |
Peter> | Key_writes               | 4307017   |

The above shows that the key cache is really in use.  I did found a
bug that if you do 'flush status' the key_blocks_used is set to 0,
which isn't right.  I have now fixed this.

On what OS/Computer did the the above happen??

It would be nice to know if the variable: _my_blocks_used really is
0 or not (In other words if this is a bug in show status)

Any change you can run mysqld under gdb for a short while to check if
the above variable really changes value.  (This is assuming that you
haven't done 'flush status' on the old server.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Wrong status information.Peter Zaitsev25 Feb
  • Wrong status information.Michael Widenius26 Feb