List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 25 2000 4:44pm
Subject:Wrong status information.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Zaitsev <pz@stripped> writes:

Peter> Here is the status information of my mysql server. The strange thing with
Peter> it - it reports number of keyblocks used=0 there key buffer set to 160M.

Peter> | Key_blocks_used          | 0         |
Peter> | Key_read_requests        | 317242810 |
Peter> | Key_reads                | 1122433   |
Peter> | Key_write_requests       | 41158542  |
Peter> | Key_writes               | 4307017   |

The above shows that the key cache is really in use.  I did found a
bug that if you do 'flush status' the key_blocks_used is set to 0,
which isn't right.  I have now fixed this.

On what OS/Computer did the the above happen??

It would be nice to know if the variable: _my_blocks_used really is
0 or not (In other words if this is a bug in show status)

Any change you can run mysqld under gdb for a short while to check if
the above variable really changes value.  (This is assuming that you
haven't done 'flush status' on the old server.

Wrong status information.Peter Zaitsev25 Feb
  • Wrong status information.Michael Widenius26 Feb