List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Antony Vose Date:February 25 2000 7:05pm
Subject:privileges, privileges, privileges...
View as plain text
hey there:

i'm switching over from a linux x86 box to a linuxppc box, which
means that i have had to completely reinstall mysql and bring all my
tables over and whatnot.

even after carefully reading the priv section in the manual, i guess
i'm not getting something.

right now, none of my update scripts are working, because
(apparently) the user doesn't have "update privileges".

could someone please explain to me how a user could *not* have update
privs, even though in both the db and user tables there is a 'Y' in
the "Update_priv" column?

there's something here i'm just not getting.

my mysql version is 3.22.32 on linuxppc.

cheers,

Marc Antony Vose
http://www.suzerain.com/

Poetry atrophies when it gets too far from music.
-- Ezra Pound
Thread
privileges, privileges, privileges...Marc Antony Vose25 Feb
  • Re: privileges, privileges, privileges...sasha25 Feb
  • Re: privileges, privileges, privileges...Van26 Feb
  • Re: privileges, privileges, privileges...Mathijs Brands27 Feb