List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem Date:February 25 2000 3:58pm
Subject:Setting up User Privileges Re: CREATE TABLE STATEMENT
View as plain text
On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 05:45:48PM +0200, sinisa@stripped wrote:
> Paul Comber writes:
>  > Dear All,
>  >
>  > This create statement below doesn't work.  As a select statement it is fine.
>  > The debug says that deliveryPostcode, name and tel are duplicate column
>  > names.  Am I right in thinking that the AS clause is ignored in create table
>  > implementation of the select statement?  If so how I can I get around this
>  > without renaming the table column names so that attributes are unique
>  > throughout the database schema?
>  >
>  >
>  > CREATE TABLE TODAYSORDERS
>  > CR.deliveryPostcode AS deliveryPostcode1
>  > ,CR.deliveryPostcode AS deliveryPostcode2
>  > ,PU.tel AS CollectionPhoneNo
>  > ,C.tel AS deliveryPhoneNo
>  > ,S.name as supplier
>  > ,M.name as merchant
>  > FROM etc etc etc
>  > WHERE etc etc
>  >
>  > thanking you in advance,
>  >
>  > Thanks, Paul
>  >

> Hi!
>
> What you need is CREATE from SELECT, available since 3.23.0.
>
> Please, do note that CREATE TABLE syntax has nothing to do with SELECT
> syntax !
>
> Regards,
>
> Sinisa

Similar sort of question:  A client here is trying to run Supermall.

1)  How do I grant him priveleges re: the database

2)  How do I get him to set up tables?
Thread
CREATE TABLE STATEMENTPaul Comber25 Feb
  • Re: CREATE TABLE STATEMENTsinisa25 Feb
    • Setting up User Privileges Re: CREATE TABLE STATEMENTSystem Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem25 Feb
      • Re: Setting up User Privileges Re: CREATE TABLE STATEMENTsinisa25 Feb