List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 5 1999 10:22am
Subject:Re: Unique id generation for MySQL
View as plain text
Bill Heckel wrote:

> Auto increment with guaranteed monotonic and non reused number is something I
> consider very desireable.
>
> When will this capability be added to MySql?
>
> Bill
>
> > At 12:47 AM +0100 5/1/1999, Georg Cantor wrote:
> > >MySQL uses autoincrement   values again if those above them have been
> > >deleted. Is there a way to disable this?
> > >
> > >I would really love sequential numbers.
> >
> > One of the upcoming 3.23.x releases will support monotonic AUTO_INCREMENT
> > numbers.  You will also (I believe) be able to reset the counter should
> > you wish to reuse a sequence, or part of it.

Hi Bill

3.23.0 is anounced for this month (May 1999) and it will have this feature.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Unique id generation for MySQLGeorg Cantor1 May
  • Re: Unique id generation for MySQLThimble Smith1 May
  • Re: Unique id generation for MySQLPaul DuBois1 May
Re: Unique id generation for MySQLBill Heckel4 May
  • Re: Unique id generation for MySQLChristian Mack5 May