List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:February 24 2000 4:20pm
Subject:Re: Problem setting up MySqlGui
View as plain text
I am having the same problem, your suggestions did not work.
Everything else works, because if I put a symbolic link in /tmp ( for testing ) I
can connect fine.
sinisa@stripped wrote:

> Donald Pickett writes:
>  > Hello all,
>  >
>  > I am new to MySQL, but I can not find the answer to this problem in any
>  > documentation or in the list archive.
>  >
>  > I have just set up the MySqlGui program and I have a problem with the socket
>  > it is trying to connect to.
>  >
>  > MySql is configured to use /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock but the gui program
>  > insists on using /tmp/mysql.sock.
>  >
>  > I have tried editing the my.cnf file in /etc to include the following:
>  >
>  > [client]
>  > socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>  >
>  > [mysqld]
>  > socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>  >
>  > but the gui insists on using /tmp/mysql.sock.
>  >

> HI!
>
> Beside data you supplied in my.cnf, you also need to supply and
> additional chapter, with at least two additional entries.
>
> Like this:
>
> [client_fltk]
> help_file=~/guiclient/doc/MySQL.help
> client_file=~/razno/ja/.mozilla/MySQL.options
>
> After you enter the above data, with the file pahts of your choice,
> start mysqlgui, opeion Options dialugue and enter all data.
>
> If you are having a  password, do not forget to set the corresponding
> buton.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sinisa

Thread
Problem setting up MySqlGuiDonald Pickett24 Feb
  • Re: Problem setting up MySqlGuisinisa24 Feb
  • Re: Problem setting up MySqlGuiGerald Clark24 Feb