List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Antony Vose Date:February 22 2000 6:01am
Subject:only root can connect
View as plain text
hey there...

i'm probably just being stupid, bt i'll throw this out hoping someone
can quickly show me the light.

i've just switched machines and installed a fresh copy of mysql
(3.22.32).  i'm trying to move my databases over to a new machine.
the system, if it matters, is linuxppc.

i compiled and installed from the source, and the mysql client
program is running fine.

the thing is, i am only able to connect as root.  i go and add users,
either by directly entering stuff into the user, db, and host tables,
or using the grant syntax, and none of my scripts are working b/c
they are being refused a connection.  likewise, i can't use mysql
from the command line as any of these users.  and es, i'm remembering
to use "flush privileges".

ok...so what silly thing am i overlooking?

Marc Antony Vose
http://www.suzerain.com/

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the
bad girls live.
-- George Carlin
  • only root can connectMarc Antony Vose22 Feb
    • Re: only root can connectMatt Wagner22 Feb