List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 4 1999 3:36pm
Subject:Re: Oracle vs MySQL contest
View as plain text
Fred Read wrote:

> V Yau wrote:
> > But all the executives and VPs are not comfortable and their
> > reason is:
> >    I have to base my business on something is that almost free and
> > hack together by a bunch of programmers?
> > They also said that if we use Oracle and it failed, we can
> > at least sue them  :)
>
> They should learn to take responsibility for their own actions,
> it is this crazy, litigious, "sue! sue! sue!" attitude that is
> driving up costs, pricing people out of work, health care, and
> destroying society in general.
>
> But seriously, do you have professional indemnity insurance?
> If so, tell them they can sue you if MySQL goes wrong - but
> make sure they have agreed to a detailed, *workable* system
> spec beforehand!
> I strongly suspect Oracle is likely to give them MORE trouble
> and LESS support than MySQL...
>
> <off topic>
> Douglas Adams had the right idea, round up all the lawyers,
> middle management & telephone sanitisers and send them off
> on a wild goose chase from which they'll never return...
> </off topic>
> --

Go, Fred!

Fewer lawyers, and more programmers! The corruption of a
society can be gauged by how many lawyers it takes to
run it.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
      • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Read27 Apr
        • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestPatrick Greenwell27 Apr
          • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestDan Nelson27 Apr
            • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestPatrick Greenwell27 Apr
              • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestSasha Pachev27 Apr
                • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestMichael Widenius28 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestluuk26 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestUnknown Sender26 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestLuuk de Boer27 Apr
      • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestjonathan michaels27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestSasha Pachev26 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestLuuk de Boer27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestjonathan michaels27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestPaul DuBois27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestjonathan michaels27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestRichard McLean27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestJohn Elliott27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestJohn Elliott27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Lindberg27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Lindberg27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestDerick H Siddoway27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestV Yau30 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Read4 May
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestSasha Pachev4 May
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestefrazier30 Apr
  • RE: Oracle vs MySQL contestBill Gerrard3 May