List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:May 4 1999 8:50am
Subject:Re: Oracle vs MySQL contest
View as plain text
V Yau wrote:
> But all the executives and VPs are not comfortable and their
> reason is:
>    I have to base my business on something is that almost free and
> hack together by a bunch of programmers?
> They also said that if we use Oracle and it failed, we can
> at least sue them  :)

They should learn to take responsibility for their own actions,
it is this crazy, litigious, "sue! sue! sue!" attitude that is
driving up costs, pricing people out of work, health care, and
destroying society in general.

But seriously, do you have professional indemnity insurance?
If so, tell them they can sue you if MySQL goes wrong - but
make sure they have agreed to a detailed, *workable* system
spec beforehand!
I strongly suspect Oracle is likely to give them MORE trouble
and LESS support than MySQL...

<off topic>
Douglas Adams had the right idea, round up all the lawyers,
middle management & telephone sanitisers and send them off
on a wild goose chase from which they'll never return...
</off topic>
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread
      • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Read27 Apr
        • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestPatrick Greenwell27 Apr
          • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestDan Nelson27 Apr
            • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestPatrick Greenwell27 Apr
              • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestSasha Pachev27 Apr
                • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestMichael Widenius28 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestluuk26 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestUnknown Sender26 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestLuuk de Boer27 Apr
      • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestjonathan michaels27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestSasha Pachev26 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestLuuk de Boer27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestjonathan michaels27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestPaul DuBois27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestjonathan michaels27 Apr
    • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestRichard McLean27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestVan27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestJohn Elliott27 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestJohn Elliott27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Lindberg27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Lindberg27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestDerick H Siddoway27 Apr
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestV Yau30 Apr
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestFred Read4 May
  • Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestSasha Pachev4 May
Re: Oracle vs MySQL contestefrazier30 Apr
  • RE: Oracle vs MySQL contestBill Gerrard3 May