List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 18 2000 7:51pm
Subject:Re: Possible problem loading ENUM fields using index values.
View as plain text
At 11:35 AM -0800 2000-02-18, Terry West wrote:
>I'm wondering if there's a problem with 'load data local infile...'
>and enum fields when loading the enum's index value.  Consider:

The LOAD DATA section in chapter 7 says:

LOAD DATA INFILE regards all input as strings, so you can't use
numeric values for ENUM or SET columns the way you can with INSERT
statements. All ENUM and SET values must be specified as strings!

Didn't read the manual, i take it!  :-)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread