List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:February 18 2000 7:19am
Subject:Re: Yes, I installed ODBC
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl J. Stubsjoen" <karlflips@stripped>
To: "MySQL" <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 2:12 AM
Subject: Yes, I installed ODBC

>Thanks Jay for the response!
Sure.

>I have installed MyODBC, seems to have gone perfectly fine!
>When setting up other DSN entries for like Access, you are asked for a
>datasource (the actual "c:\whatever....\databasename.mdb") and I see
nothing in
>the configuratin of a new DSN entry which allows you to point it at an
actual
>datasource.
>Am I missing something very important here?
>
>Oh, and Yes:  I'm doing all this through Start Control Panel ODBC

Well, after clicking 'Add', I get a choice of: [mdb, dbf, xls, dbf, odbc for
oracle, txt, csv, visual foxpro, MySQL, sql server]

Selecting MySQL brings up the MyODBC driver configuration, here you can
specify the host, user, pass, database, and a slew of checkboxes ..

Maybe you forgot to thrice reboot and make coffee? :-)

-Jay J

Thread
Yes, I installed ODBCKarl J. Stubsjoen18 Feb
  • Re: Yes, I installed ODBCJay J18 Feb
Re: Yes, I installed ODBCKarl J. Stubsjoen18 Feb
  • RE: Yes, I installed ODBCJohn Zook18 Feb