List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 17 2000 6:32pm
Subject:(Reg #297) Core Dump
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Marc" == Marc Prewitt <mprewitt@stripped> writes:

Marc> 	mysqld dumped core while under heavy load
>> How-To-Repeat:
Marc> 	We recently added a 'killer' query that was placing the server
Marc> 	under heavy load. To try to reduce it's affect, we did a
Marc> 	'delete from table' to reduce the amount of data being
Marc> 	returned and it was during the delete that the core
Marc> 	dump occurred.

Marc> 	The core dump is available at:
Marc> 	    http://www.wssource.com/mysql/core.2-17.gz
Marc> 	Unzipped, this file is 500mb.

<cut>

The core file will not help us much;  Can you do a back trace with
gdb on this ?

Can you also send me the output from

isamchk -dvv database/tablename

For the table on which you did the delete?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
(Reg #297) Core DumpMarc Prewitt17 Feb
  • (Reg #297) Core DumpMichael Widenius17 Feb
  • Re: (Reg #297) Core Dumpsinisa17 Feb