List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 3 1999 8:05pm
Subject:Re: how can I create the tables
View as plain text
Daniel Lacal wrote:

> I have to create a database, I know that I can create a script, but it doesn't work
> to me. I know that to create a Database I have to wwrite
>
> mysqladmin create database
>
> Now is where my problems come. How can I create the tables?
>
>                         Thank you
>
>                         Daniel Lacal (d_lacal@stripped)

Hi Daniel

1) Why does creating a SQL script not work for you?

2) For creating a table you have to send SQL commands to the MySQL DBMS.
This you can do with the MySQL client software named 'mysql'.
Just start it from your commandline (DOS or shell) like this:
mysql --user=root yourNewDatabaseName

Then type any SQL command in the mysql prompt like this:
mysql> CREATE TABLE myNewTable (uni_ID TINYINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
    -> name VARCHAR(40));

Hope his helps
Christian

Thread
how can I create the tablesDaniel Lacal3 May
  • Re: how can I create the tablesChristian Mack4 May