List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 3 1999 7:56pm
Subject:Re: Access from wiindows to unix
View as plain text
Daniel Lacal wrote:

> I would like to know if is possible to access from a computer running Windows 95/98
> using a program (developed by me) to a Database in UNIX . If it is possible I would like
> know how.

Hi Daniel

Yes it is possible.
How depends on the programming language you use for your program.
You can use the C-API, C++ -API, JDBC, ODBC, DBI->DBD, Python-API.
Hopefully I didn't leave one out :)
They all work over TCP/IP, therefore as long as you can reach the server, you can access
him with these Interfaces.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Access from wiindows to unixDaniel Lacal3 May
  • Re: Access from wiindows to unixChristian Mack4 May
  • Re: Access from wiindows to unixMike Machado4 May