List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 3 1999 6:51pm
Subject:Re: C API
View as plain text
Sean O'Dell wrote:
> Where can I get started using the C API for MySQL under RedHat
> Linux?  I got MySQL installed and running and have walked through
> the mysql client tutorial.  Now I need to program using it.  I'm not
> unfamiliar with SQL, but I haven't actually done any plain old SQL/C
> programming (ODBC using SQL, yes).  I've got plenty of reading
> material on SQL and the MySQL C API seems simple enough, but I don't
> know how to put basic SQL together with the C API.  That is, I've
> got something partially working, but I'm unsure what I ought to be
> doing to do things like lookup a record, modify it, add records,
> etc, etc.
> A book or tutorial on programming to the MySQL C API would be very
> helpful.  Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?
> Thanks,
>     -Sean

You call mysql_connect(), check for errors with
mysql_error() then select the database with
mysql_select_db() then call mysql_query() and if you
care to pick up the results,
mysql_store_result() or mysql_use_result() and then
mysql_fetch_row() while it returns a non NULL. When
done, mysql_free_result(), and mysql_close().

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
C APISean O'Dell3 May
  • Re: C APISasha Pachev3 May
  • mod_auth_mysql problemsEvan Thomas3 May
    • Re: mod_auth_mysql problemsVan4 May
  • Re: C APIMike Machado4 May
  • Re: C APIPaul DuBois4 May