List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephan Greene Date:May 3 1999 6:27pm
Subject:Re: ColdFusion
View as plain text
On Mon, 3 May 1999, Raymond Wong wrote:

> Does anyone know if coldfusion supports mysql?

For CF Server on Solaris (3.x or newer):

Directly, no, as that would require an ODBC driver from Intersolv.

HOWEVER, a 3rd-party driver has been built using iodbc and myodbc that
works quite well.  You have to define data sources by editing the odbc.ini
file but username and passwords can be managed through the cold fusion
adminsitrator web interface.  A binary driver is avail for Solaris 2.6 and
2.7, or build from source for 2.5.1.

ftp://ftp.igc.org/pub/myodbc

For CF Server on NT:

I have not tried this, but I see no reason why you could not simply
install the MySQL ODBC driver for NT and add the data sources that way.

> if so, how does coldfusion communicate with mysql?

Via ODBC, of course.

Make sure grants settings are established for both the user/passwd loaded
in cold fusion and for the host you're using; sometimes I've needed the
FQDN to make it work (even on the same box).

Steve

Stephan A. Greene			sgreene@stripped
IT Product Development			http://www.washsq.com
Washington Square Associates, Inc.	"technology simplified" (TM)
202-544-0222(main)/1-800-759-8888 PIN 1030552# (pager)

ColdFusionRaymond Wong3 May
  • RE: ColdFusionTupshin Harper3 May
  • Re: ColdFusionStephan Greene3 May
Re: ColdFusionRuprecht Helms3 May