List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:March 15 1999 8:32pm
Subject:Re: how to select password(...)?
View as plain text
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:08:12 +0100, Thomas Wana wrote:

>I thought that would work:
>select * from user where Name=[name from web-interface] and
>   Pass=password('[password from web-interface]');
>
>When there is a row returning, then the username and password are correct.
>
>My problem: there is always an "empty set" returning.

Try SELECT password('[password from web-interface]');

If that doesn't match the entry then 'password from web-interface' is
wrong. If it looks correct, look for non-printables (e.g. ^M) in that
string. The same problem could exist in the user name.

-Sincerely, Fred

how to select password(...)?Thomas Wana15 Mar
Re: how to select password(...)?Fred Lindberg15 Mar