List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Robst Date:February 16 2000 3:08pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC Time Problem
View as plain text
The records in the database show the correct time - which incidentially
is when a user registered for a mailing list.

Yes the time is legal but it isn't very helpful to have all the times
the same is it - sort of negates he reason for storing the time in the
first place, doesn't it?

Cheers,
Neil

sinisa@stripped wrote:

> Neil Robst writes:
>  > Hi.
>  >
>  >      I'm having a problem with the MyODBC connector whereby when I use it
>  > to retrieve information from a MySQL database and return all the database
>  > into a MS Excel spreadsheet the time column is being reported as 23:52:00
>  > for all the records. The column in the database is called regtime and is of
>  > type TIME. I thought it was a problem with the ODBC connector at first,
>  > because the proper times are being recorded in the database. But on further
>  > investigation, MS Query which is used my MS Excel to retrieve the data from
>  > the database also sees the correct times. I had thought then that it was a
>  > colum formatting problem in Excel, but after having tried several different
>  > column formats, cannot get it to recognise the correct date?
>  >
>  >      Any ideas anyone?
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  > Neil
>  >

> Hi!
>
> Do you get same results in mysql monitor as in Excel.
>
> If you do, what is wrong with a time lie 23:52:00. It is a legal
> time.
>
> If it differs from times you expected, check your timezone setings on
> the server.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sinisa

> | TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped            |
> |     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic          |
> |    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped     |
> |   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|     Larnaka, Cyprus             |
> |  /*/     /*/  /*/\*\_/*/ \*\_/*/ |*|____                             |
> |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^/*/^^^^^^^^^^^\*\^^^^^^^^^^^                            |
> |             /*/             \*\                Developers Team       |

Neil Robst (neil@stripped)
EMPICS Sports Photo Agency
Direct Line: +44 (0)115 840 4448
Fax: +44 (0)115 840 4443
Web: http://www.empics.co.uk
PGP key: http://www.empics.co.uk/pgpkeys/NRobst.pgp
Thread
MyODBC Time ProblemNeil Robst16 Feb
  • Re: MyODBC Time Problemsinisa16 Feb
  • Re: MyODBC Time ProblemNeil Robst16 Feb
  • Re: MyODBC Time ProblemGraeme B. Davis16 Feb