List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 15 1999 8:13pm
Subject:replace problems...
View as plain text
>>>>> "Eric" == Eric D Patterson <slacker@stripped> writes:

Eric> Here's an interesting one:
Eric> I have a table defined with a composite key declared thusly:
Eric> alter table big_table add primary key (a,b,c)

Eric> I then use:
Eric> replace into big_table values(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

Eric> This should insert the row if there that key has not been used, if it
Eric> has, it should update the datain that row.

Eric> The end result is that this allows me to violate the key constraints
Eric> without erroring on me, it goes ahead and inserts a new row with the
Eric> same key values as an existing one.

Eric> --If it helps any, i recently upgraded from 3.22.12 (wherein his command
Eric> worked properly), to 3.22.19.

Eric> Please email slacker@stripped if you have any ideas what might be
Eric> causing this, it is quite important that it be resolved!!

Hi!

Please post an example of the above;  I don't think you can violate
the primary key check as this is done on the MySQL ISAM level and
this code should be quite stable.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
replace problems...Eric D. Patterson15 Mar
  • replace problems...Michael Widenius15 Mar
  • Temp tables and varchar to char silent conversionMichael Widenius21 Aug
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedJosh Trutwin18 Apr
    • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedJoerg Bruehe18 Apr
      • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedJosh Trutwin18 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedMartijn Tonies19 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedFredrick Bartlett19 Apr
    • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedReggie Burnett19 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedFredrick Bartlett19 Apr
Re: Temp tables and varchar to char silent conversionRichard Ellerbrock22 Aug