List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul H. Bern Date:February 15 2000 4:00pm
Subject:Phantom repeating ID
View as plain text
Hi All,

I have a really strange (to me anyhow) problem.  I'm trying to load a
tab-delimited file with 11 fields and 42,793 records.  The first field is
a non-unique ID and the source of my problem.  The file appears to load
correctly, except that starting with the 12,793rd record, the ID field
repeats the same number (32767 - the ID has nothing to do with the record
number) for the rest of the file.  Interestingly enough, this ID does not
actually appear in the data, and the last good record has an ID=32766.  I
cleaned out all "/", "\", "&" from the file and still had the same
problem.  I even tried sorting the input file on a different field before
as before rather than at the 12,793rd, as though I had simply sorted the
previous table.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Paul

Paul H. Bern                        The only thing worse than
Data and Statistical Services       not getting what you wanted
Princeton University                is getting what you asked for
(609) 258-6053

Thread
WIN mySQLJP14 Feb
  • Re: WIN mySQLsinisa15 Feb
    • Phantom repeating IDPaul H. Bern15 Feb
      • Re: Phantom repeating IDPat Sherrill15 Feb
        • Re: Phantom repeating IDPaul H. Bern15 Feb
      • RE: Phantom repeating IDNicolas Prade15 Feb
      • Re: Phantom repeating IDgaryb15 Feb