List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Donncha O Caoimh Date:February 15 2000 3:23pm
Subject:Re: hoe to shut down properly
View as plain text
I like to do a "mysqladmin refresh" before I shutdown MySQL.. I'm just
paranoid though.

Donncha.

kev wrote:

> I didn't need to kill it, because my whole system (Red Hat 6.1) fell over
> spectactularly soon after I posted the message. I had no option but to
> reboot - luckily my filesystem was OK afterwards.
>
> I don't know what caused the crash, I had lots of Netscape windows open
> (which has locked up X before, but never crashed the system quite so
> dramatically), I also had Oracle8i (definitely a candidate for instability),
> and Apache which I had just compiled with MySQL _and_ Oracle support (I've
> never done that before, so that may have been a problem too).
>
> Out of interest, where should my safe_mysqld prog actually be? I used
> --prefix=/usr/local/mysql when configuring, but I seem to have a safe_mysqld
> prog in /usr/local/bin. I moved that one, presumably I should be using the
> one in /usr/local/mysql/bin ?
>
> thanks,
>
> - Kev
Thread
hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlykev15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlysinisa15 Feb
  • Re: hoe to shut down properlyDonncha O Caoimh15 Feb
    • Re: hoe to shut down properlyVivek Khera15 Feb