List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:May 2 1999 1:12pm
Subject:Re: How to install
View as plain text
Manikya
I installed mysql on linux and solaris intel.  I simply followed the
instructions in the mysql docs.  These docs are very complete.  Both Linux
and Solaris use exactly the same methods to install (binaries that is).

>    Iam Manikyakumar, downloaded your Mysql software from the site ie
>mysql-3-22-16a-gamma-pc-linux.i686.
>   Iam trying to install on Red Hat linux ver 5.2 . But iam failing
>to install .Is it sufforted for these ver can give the answer for us
>iam facing problems.
>
>   Iam Extracted these file to /usr/local and ln to mysql.
>After that i try to execute /scripts/mysql_install_db file.
>But iam not able to execute.
>    Only os is loaded no additional components .
>
>   If it is sufforted these version can give the answer to install
>procedures.
>
>     One more thing I had sun solaris 2.6(intel based) is it
>sufforted and what package i must down load.
>
>Thank you
>
>Manikya kumar

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, ON M5J 2E3
Tel: 416 203-7465
Fax: 416 203-3044
email: cj@stripped

Thread
How to installmanikya kumar1 May
  • How to installJani Tolonen2 May
Re: How to installChristopher R. Jones2 May