List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric D. Patterson Date:March 15 1999 7:36pm
Subject:replace problems...
View as plain text
Here's an interesting one:

I have a table defined with a composite key declared thusly:
alter table big_table add primary key (a,b,c)

I then use:
replace into big_table values(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

This should insert the row if there that key has not been used, if it
has, it should update the datain that row.

The end result is that this allows me to violate the key constraints
without erroring on me, it goes ahead and inserts a new row with the
same key values as an existing one.

--If it helps any, i recently upgraded from 3.22.12 (wherein his command
worked properly), to 3.22.19.

Please email slacker@stripped if you have any ideas what might be
causing this, it is quite important that it be resolved!!

--
"Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a
trap."

Thread
replace problems...Eric D. Patterson15 Mar
  • replace problems...Michael Widenius15 Mar
  • Temp tables and varchar to char silent conversionMichael Widenius21 Aug
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedJosh Trutwin18 Apr
    • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedJoerg Bruehe18 Apr
      • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedJosh Trutwin18 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedMartijn Tonies19 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedFredrick Bartlett19 Apr
    • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedReggie Burnett19 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.4-beta has been releasedFredrick Bartlett19 Apr
Re: Temp tables and varchar to char silent conversionRichard Ellerbrock22 Aug