List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 2 1999 9:39am
Subject:re: error 2000 in mysql]
View as plain text
>>>>> "Stan" == Stan Mcfarland <info@stripped> writes:

Stan> Hi,
Stan> I'm making *some* progress...

Stan> First, the results from mysqladmin were essentially no different:
Stan> ----
Stan> connect to server at wwwteetimes.com failed
Stan> error: 'Unknown MySQL error'
Stan> -----

Stan> However, I thought I would try logging in to mySQL on the same machine
Stan> that the server is running, and pass it the -h option, and here's what
Stan> happened:

Stan> $ mysql -h wwwteetimes.com -u wwwteetimes
Stan> ERROR 2005: Unknown MySQL Server Host (wwwteetimes.com) (2)

Stan> So, I thought that maybe the problem might be that I'm using a service
Stan> with virtual domains.  I ran 'uname -a' and got the name
Stan> 'sienna.propagation.net' .  Then I tried

Stan> $ mysql -h sienna.propagation.net -u wwwteetimes
Stan> ERROR 2005: Unknown MySQL Server Host (sienna.propagation.net) (2)

Stan> Finally, I tried using my assigned IP address:
Stan> $ mysql -h 216.71.55.234 -u wwwteetimes
Stan> ERROR 2000: Unknown MySQL error

Stan> Of course, it works like a champ with:
Stan> $ mysql -u wwwteetimes -p<mypassword>...

Stan> Seems like I'm having trouble deciphering what address to tell the mySQL
Stan> client to connect to....

Hi!

There seams to be some problem with your MySQL installation.  I would
recommend you to upgrade to 3.22.22 or at least compile your 3.21.33
version from source.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
re: error 2000 in mysql]Stan Mcfarland2 May
  • re: error 2000 in mysql]Michael Widenius2 May