List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 2 1999 9:33am
Subject:Alpha linux problems
View as plain text
>>>>> "Kyle" == Kyle Christensen <mute@stripped> writes:

Kyle> I've been trying to compile mysql on my alpha running redhat linux 5.2.

Kyle> At first i got the error about it being out of memory (It has 64 megs
Kyle> physical, 128 of swap) So i tried
Kyle> compiling with ./configure --with-low-memory and it worked.

Kyle> So i tried out a few queries:

mysql> select * from news;
Kyle> ERROR 5: Out of memory (Needed 18446744071923733304 bytes)

Kyle> I'm assuming this has something to do with the low mem flags mysql was
Kyle> configured with..

Kyle> So i made 2 more 128 meg swap files, swap'd them on and tried to
Kyle> recompile (Thinking that maybe 64+384) megs of ram might help but i get:

Kyle> /my/gnu/lib/bison/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
Kyle> c++: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 9
Kyle> make[2]: *** [sql_yacc.o] Error 1

Kyle> I was reading some doc's on www.tcx.se about linux-alpha but I wasnt
Kyle> sure if the linuxthreads implimentation is still broken under redhat
Kyle> linux 5.2

Kyle> Can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi!

The current status is that there is still bugs in linuxthreads on
Linux-Alpha.  Alvin Starr is working on isolating the problem;  I hope
that he will come up with something that the glibc people can fix rapidly.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Alpha linux problemsKyle Christensen2 May
  • Alpha linux problemsMichael Widenius2 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender5 May
      • PHP and MySQLRyan5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLDaniel E. White5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLkalle volkov5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLJens Ellegiers5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLDavid Bruha5 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender3 May
Re: PHP and MySQLSandrine C.6 May
  • Re: PHP and MySQLVivek Khera6 May
RE: PHP and MySQLJohn Imison6 May
  • mysql under dec-osfFabrice Marchal6 May
    • mysql under dec-osfJani Tolonen12 May
Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender7 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsJohn Banks7 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender8 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsHank Miller19 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsBenjamin Pflugmann21 May
      • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender21 May