List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 1 1999 10:39pm
Subject:Re: select nothin
View as plain text
<cut>

Michael> what I would like to see is this
mysql> select * from acctest;
Michael> +----------+
Michael> | debit    |
Michael> +----------+
Michael> +----------+
Michael> 0 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Michael> (note, it reads 0 rows in set, not Empty set)

Michael> On the other hand, I think that this is only a result of using command line
Michael> mysql, and MySQL actually does return column information.  I haven't
Michael> confirmed this yet.

Yes, mysqld always return the column information!  It's 'mysql' that
strips the output in this case.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
select nothinMichael Farr1 May
  • Re: select nothinKevin R Falcone1 May
    • Re: select nothinMichael Farr1 May
      • Re: select nothinThimble Smith1 May
  • Re: select nothinJay J1 May
Re: select nothinMichael Farr1 May
  • Re: select nothinMichael Widenius2 May