List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jani Tolonen Date:May 1 1999 8:09pm
Subject:How to install
View as plain text
manikya kumar writes:
 > Dear ,
 >

 >     Iam Manikyakumar, downloaded your Mysql software from the site ie
 > mysql-3-22-16a-gamma-pc-linux.i686.
 >    Iam trying to install on Red Hat linux ver 5.2 . But iam failing
 > to install .Is it sufforted for these ver can give the answer for us
 > iam facing problems.
 >
 >    Iam Extracted these file to /usr/local and ln to mysql.
 > After that i try to execute /scripts/mysql_install_db file.
 > But iam not able to execute.
 >     Only os is loaded no additional components .
 >
 >    If it is sufforted these version can give the answer to install
 > procedures.
 >
 >      One more thing I had sun solaris 2.6(intel based) is it
 > sufforted and what package i must down load.
 >
 > Thank you
 >
 > Manikya kumar

Dear Manikya,

Please read carefully the README that comes with the distribution;
there is described how you should proceed with the install.  Please
consult the MySQL (online) manual for more information and if you
still can't get MySQL to work, read the section 'How to report bugs or
problems' from the manual and repost with mysqlbug.
You need to tell us any (_exact_) error messages you get while
installing.

I recommend you to use MySQL Binary rpm version for linux
and the newest one available (3.22.22).

Solaris 2.6 is supported, you should either download source
distribution, or follow the link 'Binary for solaris2.6 on sparc (sun).'

Yours,

- Jani

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___       ==  mysql@stripped         |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|       mailto: jani@stripped      |
|             /*/             \*\                   Developers Team   |
How to installmanikya kumar1 May
  • How to installJani Tolonen2 May
Re: How to installChristopher R. Jones2 May