List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 11 2000 12:38am
Subject:mysql client - no named commands workaround
View as plain text
>>>>> "Thimble" == Thimble Smith <tim@stripped> writes:

Thimble> Paul, you had a problem with the 'source' command being added to
Thimble> the 'mysql' client.  I just made a little patch to mysql.cc that
Thimble> gives you a way around it.  Basically, you say:

Thimble> $ mysql --no-named-commands

Thimble> and it will ignore any named commands (e.g., 'source' or 'help').
Thimble> It still lets you use the mSQL-style commands, though (e.g., '\.'
Thimble> or '\h').  I'm not sure this is the best way to handle the problem,
Thimble> but it might do for now at least.

Thimble> The patch is against version 3.23.9.  To apply it, just do:

Applied.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysql client - no named commands workaroundThimble Smith10 Feb
  • Re: mysql client - no named commands workaroundsasha10 Feb
    • Re: mysql client - no named commands workaroundThimble Smith11 Feb
      • Re: mysql client - no named commands workaroundPaul DuBois11 Feb
  • mysql client - no named commands workaroundMichael Widenius11 Feb