List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 11 2000 12:02am
Subject:myisamchk -- simplify memory options
View as plain text

Tim> On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 11:02:07AM +0300, Peter Zaitsev wrote:
>>
>> I vas trying to check my tables and automaticaly repear tables if they are
>> dammaged including correction of myisamchk values.
>>
>> I issued the command:
>>
>> myisamchk  -f -w --fast -A  -O key_buffer_size=128M -O
>> read_buffer_size=8M -O write_buffer_size=8M -O sort_buffer_size=8M -O
>> write_buffer_size=8M -O sort_buffer_size=128M -O sort_key_blocks=512
>> $database/*/*.MYI

Tim> [Unrelated, but...]

Tim> Wouldn't life be easier if you could say:

Tim> 	myisamchk  -f -w --fast -A  -O use_memory=512M *.MYI

Tim> and let myisamchk work out for itself an optimal mix of buffer sizes
Tim> based on the table it's working on?

Normally the only parameter that is important is the sort_buffer_size,
when using -r and key_buffer_size when using -ro.

On the other hand, everything will be different when we get myisamchk
integrated into MySQL (I hope to apply Sasha's patch for this during
the incoming weekend).

Regards,
Monty
Thread
myisamchk -- simplify memory optionsTim Bunce10 Feb
  • myisamchk -- simplify memory optionsMichael Widenius11 Feb