List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 10 2000 10:11pm
Subject:MYSQL Shutdown
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Zaitsev <pz@stripped> writes:

Peter> I have restarted mysql several times today. After one of shutdowns I decided
Peter> to check tables by running myisamchk:

Peter> The strange thing all of the table are opened by many client where they
Peter> should not be - it looks like mysqld did not close the tables properly then
Peter> was shut down.
Peter> May be this trouble is related to huge table cache I have so somehow mysql
Peter> was not able to properly update and close tables during shutdown.
Peter> My application does not open table more then in one-two connections in 95%.
Peter> The thing is then I shut mysqld down  I had about 2500 open tables. the
Peter> mysqld shutdown really fast in less then a second and I'm not shure if it
Peter> could update such many tables to set it as "closed" during such short period
Peter> of time.

Hi!

Note that 'mysqladmin shutdown' just sends a signal to mysqld to close
done;  It will not wait until mysqld is completely shut down.

If you want to do this, you should monitor the .pid file until it
disappears or just add the table checking to the end of safe_mysqld.

Matt, could you look at adding code in 'mysqladmin shutdown' to
wait until the pid file is removed?

Regards,
Monty

Thread