List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 10 2000 10:49pm
Subject:RE: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97
View as plain text
>>>>> "John" == John Zook <bhjzook@stripped> writes:

John> 	Although it's been an error I have never reported as I haven't had the time to
John> trace the ODBC calls and I'm sure it's an Access/MyODBC problem, I will vouch
John> that it is not an upgrade specific error.  I use Access to occasionally quickly
John> format data before dumping it through ODBC with a 3.22.27 server and that same
John> error occurred.  If you need any help, I'm willing to run some traces of my own
John> to look into the problem.

John> P.S. the table has an auto_increment primary key of which I insert NULL values
John> into when adding values.  It works fine if I specify or allow Access to specify
John> the next number, hence I believe it's because MySQL converts it from NULL to a
John> number, reports back the number and then Access freaks, because it doesn't draw
John> the connection somewhere between Access and ODBC.  Of course I could be
John> completely wrong.

Hi!

Note that the newer MySQL 3.23 versions includes a hack to get Access
to work with auto_increment keys.  (This allows you to find the
inserted row by searching after rows where the auto_increment key is
NULL).

Another common reason for 'deleted' rows is if you have a float
column in your data.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Autoincrement question.Peter Zaitsev8 Feb
  • Re: Autoincrement question.Thimble Smith8 Feb
    • #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97James Treworgy9 Feb
  • Re: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97sasha9 Feb
    • Re: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97sasha9 Feb
      • Re: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97James Treworgy9 Feb
    • Re: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97sasha9 Feb
      • Re: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97James Treworgy9 Feb
    • Re: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97sasha10 Feb
      • RE: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97John Zook10 Feb
        • RE: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97Michael Widenius11 Feb
Re: #deleted when adding records in MS Access 97James Treworgy9 Feb