List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 10 2000 10:55pm
Subject:Some compilation problems
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Marius" == Marius Onica <lomar@stripped> writes:

Marius> Hi everybody,
Marius> I've tried to compile Mysql-3.22.29 on a Sparc Sun Solaris-2.4.
Marius> I've got the following warning messages:

<cut>

Marius> *** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lz.
Marius> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
Marius> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
Marius> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

<cut>

Marius> What is this mean ? How could I get rid of it ?

This means that you don't have shared version of all your libraries
(libtool requires this to work properly)

Try the following configure line:

CFLAGS="-O6 -fomit-frame-pointer" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O6 -fomit-frame-pointer
-felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
--disable-shared

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Some compilation problemsMarius Onica9 Feb
  • Some compilation problemsMichael Widenius11 Feb