List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:May 1 1999 10:11am
Subject:Re: select nothin
View as plain text
If you need consistent results, then use the API as intended!
The MySQL API doesn't return the field names with any query
results.  The 'mysql' client has to store the field names
separately.  You should do so, too, in your client code.  If you
are using system() and reading the output of 'mysql' from a child
process (or some similar trick), then you're on thin ice.  Use
the API and you won't have any surprises.  Besides, it'll be less
of a hassle to code (no silly parsing of "| foo |"-like things).

Tim

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 05:32:51PM +1000, Michael Farr wrote:
> Nope.  The graphical interface that I provide needs to be
> consistant.  My interface is dependant on the field names that
> are returned by MySQL.  So when the user makes a query that
> doesn't get any hits, they dont get to see the field names.
Thread
select nothinMichael Farr1 May
  • Re: select nothinKevin R Falcone1 May
    • Re: select nothinMichael Farr1 May
      • Re: select nothinThimble Smith1 May
  • Re: select nothinJay J1 May
Re: select nothinMichael Farr1 May
  • Re: select nothinMichael Widenius2 May