List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:May 1 1999 9:55am
Subject:Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?
View as plain text
On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 11:33:53PM -0400, Michael Longval wrote:
> But how would I do it if I wanted the 1 most recent record from
> 3 or 4 tables, using search criteria in each case, then
> combined into a join.

Huh?  Please give an example of what you want.  If you're joining
several tables, then you just do it the exact same way as if you're
using one table.  If, on the other hand, you have several tables
with the same fields (e.g., all 4 tables have a 'foo' field), and
you want the most recent value of 'foo', then you should change
your database structure so that they're all in one table.

Tim
Thread
Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Fred Read29 Apr
  • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Robin Bowes29 Apr
  • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Fred Read29 Apr
  • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Robin Bowes29 Apr
  • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Christian Mack29 Apr
    • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Fraser MacKenzie29 Apr
      • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Fred Read29 Apr
        • Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Fraser MacKenzie29 Apr
    • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Erik Liljencrantz29 Apr
  • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Fred Read29 Apr
    • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Michael Longval1 May
      • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Thimble Smith1 May
  • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Robin Bowes29 Apr
    • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Erik Liljencrantz29 Apr
      • Re: Select most recent row - another one for the FAQ perhaps?Michael Widenius30 Apr