List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:May 1 1999 9:40am
Subject:Re: Query on mysql 3.22.21
View as plain text
On Sat, 1 May 1999, Sureshkumar wrote:

> I am running mysql in Linux OS. When executing the safe_mysqld deamon from bin
> directory it says Already mysql server is running in port 3306. I got this error msg in
> host.err file under data directory of mysql. By default it took this port number. I wanted
> the server to be stopped and to start.
>
> Expecting the feedback very eagerly. I already went through the Documentation in
> www.mysql.com. I am not able to follow it up. Kindly reply for my exact requirements.

Hi, suresh, before starting the daemon always do a: ps aux | grep mysql
to see if it is running. I believe when you started the mysql daemon you
had a file called, mysql.sock= in /var/lib/mysql
Its hard to tell what directory it may be in though. Next time state
the Distribution oh Linux you are running and take a look at the program
'mysqlbug'. Anyway, if it was a rpm that was installed for MySQL you can
rm the /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock= then restart the daemon.
If it was a tarball that you installed, one of the guys/gals here im sure
will correct my answer to you.