List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davor Cengija Date:April 30 1999 12:48pm
Subject:Re: Red Hat 6
View as plain text
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Joshua Pruitt wrote:

>> > libtool: link: `libmysqlclient.la' is not a valid libtool archive
>> > make[2]: *** [insert_test] Error 1
>> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>
>> FWIW, 3.22.21 compiled fine for me on Red Hat 6 installed on cleanly
>> formatted HD.  Just a complete default install.  Previously an NT
>> machine :)
>
>If that's true, then that would imply that perhaps something is missing
>or didn't get upgraded correctly. I wonder what that could be.
>Otherwise, everything _so far_ seems to be running and compiling just
>fine.

       you should check your upgrade.log and upgrade glibc and other
       important pachages manually (if they aren't upgraded).

       i had similar problems while upgrading rh5.1->5.2; some of the
       packages from rh5.2 had build date older than the ones from
       rh5.1, and even if the version number is bigger,

Davor Cengija
Davor.Cengija@stripped
"Please allow 30 days for delivery"

Thread