List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:February 9 2000 3:21pm
Subject:Re: Inserting ip adresses
View as plain text

J> Hi. I'm having trouble inserting ip adresses in my MySQL 3.22.30
J> database. That is, when using PHP. It grabs the ip adress allright,
J> but it only inserts the first 3 numbers. So my logical conclusion
J> is that mysql sees the dot as some sort of a stop. Any ideas how i
J> can insert the whole ip adress, including the last 9 numbers?

Full example please.  What is the data type of the field you're
storing and how do you do it?  I'm guessing you have an integer type
and are trying to insert the IP string into it. You need to convert it
to an integer first.
Thread
Inserting ip adressesJansen9 Feb
  • Re: Inserting ip adressesSteve Ruby9 Feb
  • Re: Inserting ip adressessasha9 Feb
  • Re: Inserting ip adressesVivek Khera9 Feb