List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harry Brueckner Date:February 9 2000 2:44pm
Subject:Re: Weird MySQL behaviour
View as plain text
Hi Sinisa,

-- On 09.02.00 16:20 +0200 sinisa@stripped wrote:
> Harry Brueckner writes:
>  > until recently I did not experience any serious problems with MySQL
>  3.23.6a  > but now, since the server has to run some more queries I
>  regularly get  > messages like:
>  >
>  > Aborted connection 123 to db: 'mydb' user: 'harry' (Got an error
>  reading  > communication packets)
>  >
>  > I also get "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" on the
>  client  > side (PHP3) and also when I run mysqladmin even when
>  connection to  > localhost.
>  >
>  > The errorlog also shows alot of messages like
>  > Error in accept: Invalid argument

> These errors can stem from:
>
> - Bugs in the kernel, particularly if it is Linux !!
> - Bad TCP / IP installation / setup
> - Bad network hardware, like Ethernet, hubs, switches, routers ...
> - Duplexing LAN hardware with Linux
> - firewalss

Hmmm, both boxes run on Linux but up to now this did not happen. The
network setup is the very same, the boxes (www server and MySQL) are both
using 3com network cards and are connected with a 3com SuperStack hub.
There is no firewall between both machines.

Things like ifconfig and the Cisco which is the gateway to the internet do
not show any network errors or other problems.

Is there a way to get closer to the problem like watching dumps or so? And
is this more a problem of the MySQL client or could it also be caused by
the server?

Thanks,
Harry

Thread
Weird MySQL behaviourHarry Brueckner9 Feb
  • Re: Weird MySQL behavioursinisa9 Feb
    • Re: Weird MySQL behaviourHarry Brueckner9 Feb
      • Re: Weird MySQL behavioursinisa9 Feb
        • CHAR and VARCHARJosh Abrams9 Feb
          • Re: CHAR and VARCHARTonu Samuel9 Feb
Re: Weird MySQL behaviourHarry Brueckner9 Feb
  • Re: Weird MySQL behavioursinisa16 Feb