List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 9 2000 1:35pm
Subject:mysqlhotcopy available (finally)
View as plain text

Tim> This got burried under a load of higher priority issues.
Tim> It's still a little rough at the edges and could certain use some more
Tim> documentation, but is works well for me.

Tim> Patches welcome (especially docs). See the TO DO.
Tim> I'll integrate and rerelease.

Hi!

Looks nice;  I hope you don't mind if we put this into the standard
MySQL distribution?

One thing I found missing was the ability to not copy the index files
as these can be generated from the .frm file.  Another option would be
to just copy the first 65K of the index file as in this case one can
generated the index with myisamchk at some later stage.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysqlhotcopy available (finally)Tim Bunce8 Feb
  • mysqlhotcopy available (finally)Michael Widenius9 Feb
    • Re: mysqlhotcopy available (finally)Tim Bunce9 Feb
      • Re: mysqlhotcopy available (finally)Michael Widenius10 Feb
        • Re: mysqlhotcopy available (finally)Tim Bunce10 Feb
          • Re: mysqlhotcopy available (finally)Michael Widenius11 Feb
Re: mysqlhotcopy available (finally)web9 Feb