List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 8 2000 10:56pm
Subject:Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3
View as plain text
Hi!

sasha> Frank Swasey wrote:

>> All I'm asking for is the recommended parameters to give to ./configure
>> or specify in the environment before ./configure is run to get mysql to
>> compile.  What I'm hearing you say is you don't know what they
>> are...  Yet, AIX is one of the supported binary distributions... Who
>> compiled it on AIX?  Given the parameters suggested in the manual.txt
>> file for calling ./configure I'm guessing that it was monty
>> (--prefix=/home/monty).

sasha> I am not sure, but it does look like Monty. Monty, was that you? Do you have
> any
sasha> particular insights about AIX 4.3.3? The binary we have is for AIX 4.2. The
sasha> problem here is that libraries and includes keep changing, sometimes an upgrade
sasha> introduces new bug or some non-standard feature, and what we did on one version
sasha> has no bearing on what needs to be done in another.

Yes, it was I;  I have however changed the manual to refer to
/usr/local/mysql instead of /home/monty.

<cut>

>> I can certainly pull the most recent gcc and compile it -- but I still
>> don't want to compile mysql with it....  I want to use the IBM
>> compilers, does anyone have recommended parameters to use with configure
>> to compile mysql with the IBM C compilers?

The only one I know of are the one mentioned in the MySQL manual:

CC="xlc_r -ma -O3 -qstrict -DHAVE_INT_8_16_32" \
CXX="xlC_r -ma -O3 -qstrict -DHAVE_INT_8_16_32" \
 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

Have you tried this?  (It worked for me the last time I used IBM:s
compiler on AIX)

If it doesn't work;  What error do you get?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3fcs4 Feb
  • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3sasha4 Feb
    • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3Frank Swasey5 Feb
      • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3sasha5 Feb
        • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3Frank Swasey5 Feb
          • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3sasha5 Feb
            • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3Frank Swasey5 Feb
              • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3sinisa5 Feb
              • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3sasha5 Feb
                • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3Michael Widenius9 Feb
                  • Re: need assistance with configure for AIX 4.3.3Frank Swasey14 Feb