List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sasha Date:February 8 2000 3:58pm
Subject:Re: embedded mySQL
View as plain text
Jan Dvorak wrote:

> Vandaele Peter wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if anybody could help me with embedded mySQL. I have
> > used a kind of embedded SQL with an INFORMIX database years ago when we
> > had a course about databases. I was wondering if it is also possible to
> > use mySQL in this way. Embedded in C (or another language).
>
> The closest you can get to embedded SQL is with the client C library.
> Or try mysql++ if you prefer C++.
>
> Jan

You can also use my CGI++ tool that acts somewhat like embedded SQL  -- the
download page is http://www.sashanet.com/internet/download.html -- in addition
to SQL statement processing, it also has macros useful for CGI development. But
it is not limited to CGI development. Sorry, documentation is not as good as I'd
like to have it yet, and once in a while you may hit an annoying bug ( most of
the time there will be a workaround, if worst comes to worse, you just do not
use the buggy macro, and write it directly in C++). Let me know if you
experience problems.

--
Sasha Pachev

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped        |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sasha@stripped  |
|             /*/             \*\ Developers Team                  |
embedded mySQLVandaele Peter8 Feb
  • Re: embedded mySQLJan Dvorak8 Feb
  • Re: embedded mySQLsasha8 Feb