List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leka Date:March 15 1999 4:37pm
Subject:Re: VisualBASIC API
View as plain text
Hi to all, especially to Peter who answered my question
, but he hasn't helped:
here is better explanation:
I am NOT winbl0ws user... i am linuxman :) i just want to make (in VB because
it is the easyiest way) client application (Oracle users know very well about
Oracle forms developer and PL/SQL)
I just want to use that app to connect to MySQL server (on my LINUX machine in
USA) and make some simple updates, i don't want APS's (blah), and so on...
just to write simple client application :) do you understand me now?

I apologize for my bad english :(

Dejan Lekic

Peter Carter wrote:

> At 11:49 AM 3/14/99 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi to all
> >well i was wandering if someone have written VisualBASIC API for
> >MySQL... If doesn't , i intend to make it by myself - if someone did i
> >would apretiate if he/she wants to share the code with us so it would
> >save my time...
> >Also, any examples of using that API are welcome! :)
> >
> >Good bye,
> >so many nice wishes from Belgrade
> >

> I have one (sort of). It's a web based VBClass generator that utilizes
> RDO/ADO DSNless connections to the server. The interface allows templates
> to be saved and re-used or changed. The classes work quite well as ActiveX
> modules too.
>
> Try it. If this is what you are looking for great. If you want features
> added in, let me know.
>
> http://www.pbc.ottawa.on.ca
>
> --
> Peter Carter