List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Annie Morin Date:March 11 1999 3:38pm
Subject:MySQL : configure fails
View as plain text
I use Solaris 7. I also use gnu gcc for solaris 7.
When i run ./configure, configure fails.

with this sentence:
configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling

What could be the problem?

Annie Morin

This is the output.

groove# ./configure --with-debug=yes
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
grep: can't open config.status
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking if we should use skip-locking as default for solaris2.7... no
checking for ln... /usr/bin/ln
checking for ln... /usr/bin/ln
checking for mv... /usr/bin/mv
checking for rm... /usr/bin/rm
checking for cp... /usr/bin/cp
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for cmp... /usr/bin/cmp
checking for chmod... /usr/bin/chmod
checking for hostname... /usr/bin/hostname
checking for perl5... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for ps... /usr/bin/ps
checking how to find mysqld... /usr/bin/ps -ef | grep mysqld | grep " $$PID " >
/dev/null
checking for kill... /usr/bin/kill
checking for kill switches... /usr/bin/kill -0 $$PID
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C...
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for float.h... yes
checking for floatingpoint.h... yes
checking for ieeefp.h... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking for select.h... no
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for stddef.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for synch.h... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for sys/timeb.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/un.h... yes
checking for sys/vadvise.h... no
checking for sys/wait.h... (cached) yes
checking for term.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for utime.h... yes
checking for sys/utime.h... yes
checking for termio.h... yes
checking for termios.h... yes
checking for sched.h... yes
checking for alloca.h... yes
checking for crypt.h... yes
checking for floor in -lm... yes
checking for gethostbyname_r in -lnsl_r... no
checking for gethostbyname_r in -lnsl... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
checking for p2open in -lgen... yes
checking for bind in -lbind... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking LinuxThreads... Not found
checking DEC threads... no
checking SCO threads... no
checking named thread libs:... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for strtok_r in -lpthread... yes
checking for strtok_r... yes
checking for restartable system calls... configure: error: can not run test program while
cross compiling
Thread
MySQL : configure failsAnnie Morin11 Mar