List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Schilling Date:February 7 2000 10:13pm
Subject:RE: client server application
View as plain text
You'll certainly get more speed using C/C++.

But, Java is great to develop in because it's
easy to work with.  So, you can prototype in
C++, then redo the code in C++, or perhaps
find a Java to C++ conversion program.  That's
what I do.  The other thing to consider is that
Java processors may be coming out soon, which
would solve the speed issue.  It's being worked
on as we speak.

So, your work in Java certainly won't go to waste.

The only other suggestion I can make is to use
threads extensively.  It makes a big difference
in the performance.

Richard Schilling
Everett, WA