List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Faucette Date:April 30 1999 2:23pm
Subject:Re: FreeBSD3.1- Native Threads vs. MIT THreads
View as plain text
kvgu@stripped wrote:

> The makefile of the 3.2.21 FreeBSD port gives you the choice of threads,
> but stipulates "there are still some bugs in libc_r that "'mysqladmin
> shutdown' from working properly and killing mysqld might not work" should
> one decide to go native.
>
> Any comments from anyone running FreeBSD3.1 ??

We've had problems with shutdown, but the advantages of native over mit
threads more than makes up for it. Mainly the use of a UNIX socket for
local connects vs. the overhead of TCP-IP under mit's lib.

If you're primarily doing web work thru local connects, I'd recommend
you go with native threads.

  jim...
Thread
FreeBSD3.1- Native Threads vs. MIT THreadskvgu30 Apr
  • Re: FreeBSD3.1- Native Threads vs. MIT THreadsJim Faucette30 Apr
Re: FreeBSD3.1- Native Threads vs. MIT THreadsJordan Krushen30 Apr