List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 30 1999 9:12am
Subject:Re: Red Hat 6
View as plain text

Joshua> <snip>
>> > libtool: link: `libmysqlclient.la' is not a valid libtool archive
>> > make[2]: *** [insert_test] Error 1
>> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > -Josh
>> >

>> FWIW, 3.22.21 compiled fine for me on Red Hat 6 installed on cleanly
>> formatted HD.  Just a complete default install.  Previously an NT
>> machine :)

Joshua> If that's true, then that would imply that perhaps something is missing
Joshua> or didn't get upgraded correctly. I wonder what that could be.
Joshua> Otherwise, everything _so far_ seems to be running and compiling just
Joshua> fine.

As this seams to be a libtool problem, you can always try to avoid
libtool with the following configure command:

CFLAGS="-O6 -mpentium -fomit-frame-pointer" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O6 -mpentium
-fomit-frame-pointer -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-assembler --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static
--disable-shared

Regards,
Monty
Thread