List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:February 6 2000 3:19pm
Subject:Re: Beginner's MyODBC Problem - Don't want to switch to MSSQL.
View as plain text
As I explained in my message from a couple of days ago, MyODBC does not
implement all of the ADO methods.  You should read a good book on ASP to
find out what ADO methods are optional and which ones are implemented by
ODBC.  The recordset.Update is one of those methods that is only
implemented by some Microsoft projects (Access, MSQL Server).

>I am unable to update a MySQL table using ASP with MyODBC.  I keep getting
>error 80040e21.  This is when using the
>
>rs("fUsername") = "John Smith"
>rs.Update
>
>method.  If I use the execute and formulate a SQL INSERT command, it works
>fine.  Has anyone else either experienced this problem, or got the
>rs("fUsername") = "John Smith" method to work, using ASP/MyODBC/MySQL?
>
>D'Arcy
>

>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Beginner's MyODBC Problem - Don't want to switch to MSSQL.D'Arcy Rittich6 Feb
  • Re: Beginner's MyODBC Problem - Don't want to switch to MSSQL.Laszlo G. Szijarto6 Feb
  • RE: Beginner's MyODBC Problem - Don't want to switch to MSSQL.Robert Schott7 Feb
    • RE: Beginner's MyODBC Problem - Don't want to switch to MSSQL.D'Arcy Rittich9 Feb
  • Re: Beginner's MyODBC Problem - Don't want to switch to MSSQL.sasha7 Feb
Re: Beginner's MyODBC Problem - Don't want to switch to MSSQL.Christopher R. Jones6 Feb