List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 15 1999 4:45pm
Subject:Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(
View as plain text
>I am being spammed from aol daily through this list, it simply can't be the
idea
>here!

Maybe it's your AOL account, rather than the list - I don't see that much
spam.

>There is alot of good input here but if i'll have to take all the spam as
well
>i'll rather do without the list. It's really too bad how many mailing lists
get
>screwed up by spammers, while the listsadmins sit flat on their butt doing
squat
>about it.

It's really too bad how many people will complain about list admins not
filtering spam instead of using their delete key.  Do you have any clue as
to how difficult it is to filter spam?  Folks who send this stuff have
software that is deliberately designed to not be easily detectable by
automated software.  Try it yourself sometime, instead of insulting the list
admins.

Thread
Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Robert Hazeltine15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Ed Carp15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar
    • Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
      • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
        • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
          • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Micheal Mc Evoy16 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Ed Carp17 Mar