List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 5 2000 6:57pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Solaris 2.6 and RedHat LinuxPPC 1999
View as plain text
At 6:53 PM +0000 2000-02-05, Kevin Smith wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I took a wild guess and tried tarring up a data directory of a database I
>created in MySQL on Solaris 2.6 and then copied over to my RedHat LinuxPPC
>1999 MySQL installation and then untarred the data.
>
>When I try to use the database, it says that each table of the database :
>     Didn't find any fields in table [whatever] ?

That won't work unless you're running MySQL 3.23 and all your tables
are in MYISAM format.  Otherwise, the binary tables are architecture
specific.

>Is there a way of converting this database to work under Linux, or, do I
>have to use something like a data dump of the database?

Create the database on the destination host, then use:

mysqldump -h source-host db_name | mysql -h dest-host db_name

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread