List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joshua Pruitt Date:April 30 1999 3:57am
Subject:Red Hat 6
View as plain text
I recently upgraded a machine to Red Hat 6, and then have since
attempted to install MySQL 3.22.21, having tried both the src rpm and
straight tarball. The build fails (I've never had a problem with it
before). I don't really know the reason for this... perhaps it has
something to do with the new glibc?... Anyway, if anyone has any ideas,
they would be greatly appreciated, as I do need database capability on
this machine promptly, and MySQL happens to be my favorite. ; )

The error is as follows:

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link
gcs -O6 -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer  -DDBUG_OFF -D_FILE_OFFSE
T_BITS=64 -rdynamic -o mysqldump  mysqldump.o -all-static
libmysqlclient.la -lnsl -lm   -l
crypt
libtool: link: `libmysqlclient.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [mysqladmin] Error 1
libtool: link: `libmysqlclient.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [select_test] Error 1
libtool: link: `libmysqlclient.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [insert_test] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Thanks,
-Josh