List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:February 4 2000 6:17pm
Subject:Re: Shareware to full version update?
View as plain text
I used the shareware version for a few months then paid for the full
version - not because it is faster or has more features but because I
wanted to contribute.  From my experience, if you are only using the
shareware version for single user access, there is no advantage to
upgrading to the full version.  But if you are going to use MySQL on a
production machine (Windows or Linux) then I think it is only fair to
contribute the full price.  Note, compared to Oracle or MSQL Server, MySQL
is very inexpensive.